Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2020 10:48 am  #1

Displaying Bouy Data

There is a nice graphic on this month's David Burch Navigation Blog... After downloading bouy weather data on Expedition, a mouse-over the wind barb elicits a pop-up of NDBC data for that bouy. 

I can download the bouy wind barbs which show up on the chart, but nothing happens when I hover over them with the tooltip. What am I doing wrong?

3/27/2020 11:58 am  #2

Re: Displaying Bouy Data

It should just work. Which version of Exp?

3/27/2020 1:24 pm  #3

Just upgraded to the lastest version. Thanks for the quick reply.

3/28/2020 4:54 am  #4

Still no luck with bouy information with mouse-over. Could it be a Windows 8 problem?
I'm having a similar problem with the My Image function. Expedition shows satellite images loading but they do not show on the screen.

3/28/2020 5:18 am  #5

Disregard comment regarding My Image. Just noticed small box "display image" next to download button.

3/28/2020 6:25 am  #6

Your issue may be as follows:
In order to enable the tooltip to function with Observation data (ships and buoys) it is first necessary to disable the tooltip that operates the same way for grib file data. Weather / Tooltip; make sure it is not gray-shaded by clicking on it.  

3/28/2020 9:10 am  #7

Thanks for the suggestion Joe.

I made sure the tooltip was disabled in both Weather and Chart modes, yet nothing happens when I hover over the bouy or ship wind barb while in the Weather Data menu.  It is my understanding that I don't have to enable anything in the weather data menu for the popup to occur, correct?

3/28/2020 11:08 am  #8

Check that Settings/Display/Others/Tooltips is ticked

That will cause the condition you describe,
Ernie

3/28/2020 12:23 pm  #9

You can also display images using the Images button on the Charts ribbon or from the right-click pop-up menu.

3/28/2020 3:55 pm  #10

Ernie you nailed it! Thanks everyone.

Board footera