Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2020 9:22 am  #1

Windows GPS on MS Surface go

Hello,
I try to get the internal gps of the Microsoft Surface go (LTE/GPS version) to work in expedition.
First of all gps works on the device, windows maps shows correct position!
When i activate "Windows Sensor/use GPS" in Expedition it does not find anything.
I think it has something to to with windows security permissions for apps to use the gps, but when i try to allow expedition to access location in settings, expedition does not show up as an app to give this permission to.

Any ideas?

thank you christoffer

3/25/2020 11:42 am  #2

Re: Windows GPS on MS Surface go

I agree it is most likely to be a sensor, but could it be a serial port. I couldn't find any documentation on the web and Surface GO in NZ doesn't seem to have GPS, not that we can do online shopping for the next 4 weeks.

3/25/2020 1:16 pm  #3

Only the lte version has gps.
Here in germany you have to switch the Microsoft Website to the enterprise offerings to see the lte/gps option. 
In device manager it showes up as a usb device: "Surface mobile Broadband GPS". (no com ports at all)

3/25/2020 3:31 pm  #4

Hello,

After testing with a position simulator, I might have a solution. Email me and I can give you the dev build.

Nick

6/11/2020 12:03 pm  #5

Sent you a PM with me email.  I have the same issue with my Surface Pro 

Schafer 
+1240 401 8220

Board footera