Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2020 12:56 pm  #1

11.0.3 has an option to lock panes. It works in most cases, but I haven't discovered how or if it is possible when they are tabbed panes to others.

Also:

Caribbean 600 WRF. The 1/36° domain is larger to cover all the course rather than just Antigua.

Canadian GDPS 0.15° grib data.

Improvements to laylines and some start numbers.

A fix for NOAA Grib downloads.

2/08/2020 1:40 pm  #2

Re: 11.0.3

Thanks Nick, "Lock Panes" seems to work for the Number Boxes, including additional "Auto-hide' boxes when docked to RHS of screen, but didn`t work when had tabbed boxes on that number box pane.

Is it possible to lock the pane at the bottom, or LHS also? By default the long pane at bottom of screen, "Route", "Boat Tracking", "AIS", LHS has "Wind", "Sail chart",  - these can still be dragged around, even with lock panes checked - Using v11.0.5

Last edited by Mattzilla (2/08/2020 3:25 pm)

2/08/2020 5:24 pm  #3

There seems to be an issue with the framework where they aren't locked if docked as tabs to another window, and sometimes if they have been in the past. I haven't found a way around that yet ...

2/18/2020 7:16 am  #4

I just uploaded 4D, and didn't realize until it was too late that it said not to update the WorldChart in the C-Map chart loader.  What issues will this cause, and how can I revert back to the original C-Map if necessary?

I am having an issue in that I cannot zoom out further than 30 degrees of latitude.  Is this a related issue with c-map?  Is there a setting to change this to zoom out further?  Worldchart does not seem to have any data any longer.

It's happening the same on 2 different computers.

2/18/2020 12:46 pm  #5

You can install the WWD303 - More Free Basemaps once. Updates have been causing issues. There is a topic on it earlier in this forum.

If you did update and it works, then maybe they have fixed it - or you got lucky.

It seems to be a feature of the 4D. You could use the Expedition simple world chart if you just want a larger chart for weather etc

2/20/2020 10:30 pm  #6

Nick wrote:

Improvements to laylines and some start numbers.

Hi Nick,

What are the improvements to laylines?  Will the improvement have a noticeable effect?

Also where is the option to switch between using target and actual data for laylines?

Thanks
Hedgy

Board footera