Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2020 7:46 am  #1

Magnetic Variation Model Out of Date

Using Expedition 4D on Win7 w/ Cmap charts after Jan 1 it has started displaying an error message on startup and COG will not display, seems to be picking up only partial data from antisense.

Error Message: “Magnetic Variation Model Out of Date. Is your computer clock set correctly? Else, please see the Expedition web site.”

Double checked windows time and time zone, all seem to be correct.

Will download the latest 4D update next time I have sufficient broadband, any help would be appreciated. Am I missing something?

1/03/2020 9:12 am  #2

Re: Magnetic Variation Model Out of Date

Airacer,
I got the same msg,  I was a bit behind in my updates so updated and it worked fine.
Ernie

1/03/2020 12:34 pm  #3

The World Magnetic Model is updated every five years, although there was an out of cycle update in the previous epoch. The current model is valid January 2020 to December 2024.

We updated Exp in early December when the 2020-2025 model was issued so if you install the latest Exp, you will have it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Magnetic_Model

1/05/2020 7:28 pm  #4

I got the same message. However, when I tried to update, I got a message saying the download failed because another installation was already in progress, which I can't figure out how that is possible. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by TomD (1/05/2020 7:56 pm)

1/06/2020 1:32 am  #5

Since a couple of months ago I have started to have constant problems with my Expedition in displaying any downloaded data selected, especially my Predictwind data. I upgraded to Expedition 4D as advised and rectified some of the data but it now won't display again. The files are there as downloaded, data appears in the Meteogram but just won't display any of it on the chart. I've also had problems with my TideTech subscribed data not showing. Anyone had the same problem and can advise what I am suddenly doing wrong and why data is not displaying. TIA

Last edited by MeteoGib (1/06/2020 1:34 am)

1/06/2020 12:18 pm  #6

Most probably you don't have the weather settings selected to display it or the Expedition Display time is set to a time not covered by the grib file.

1/10/2020 4:41 am  #7

Nick,
I have updated but still have the same issue.

David

1/10/2020 5:11 am  #8

After downloading the new grib files, did you click the "Now"button (on the "weather" panel)?
This ensure the display time is within the grib time window (assuming the grib contains the current weather).

1/10/2020 5:25 am  #9

Sorry, I have the mag variation issue, not the GRIB issue.

Even after updating I get the error message 

1/10/2020 12:05 pm  #10

Rhino wrote:

Sorry, I have the mag variation issue, not the GRIB issue.

Even after updating I get the error message 

Sorry for the confusion.  I was referring to the issue that MeteoGib mentioned.

Board footera