Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2019 12:01 pm  #1

A few requests:

- It would be great to be able to "pin" the view of ENC and Images so that as you toggled back and forth and manipulated the map, the frame of reference remained the same. Maybe this is already possible?

- Grib editing. The scaling feature is a great first step, but I'm imagining a nice GUI with "brushes" like Photoshop that allow you to paint wind vector scaling and rotation, move and redraw isobars, etc.

- Isotachs. This is already a feature in OpenCPN and it's pretty cool. 

- A Python API. Other professional software of this caliber have this. Part of this should also be a local server so that it's easy to write software/apps to pull in boat data without needing to go through NMEA. 

- GOES GLM interface please.

- Cloud hosting for pre-race route planning data such as historical/reanalysis gribs. You should be the Drop box for racing weather data for people to analyze before their ocean races. 

Thanks. 

- Jon

github.com/jweisbaum

12/21/2019 2:00 pm  #2

Re: A few requests:

Part of the S-52 specification is that ENCs should be in Mercator. Most/many images aren't. You can toggle between the active chart and the image, just the projection will probably be different.

Isotachs?

There is a dll for accessing Exp data.

I can add GOES data as needed ...

12/21/2019 2:11 pm  #3

Oh cool, didn't know about the dll I'll have to look into that. Isotachs are lines of same windspeed. Maybe the result is the same if I use contour instead of barbs for the wind. 

github.com/jweisbaum

12/21/2019 2:57 pm  #4

Yes, you can contour the wind speed. 

You can choose the contour interval, similarly for shading wind speed etc. I find it very useful for wind.

1/11/2020 9:12 am  #5

Is there any button in Expedition, which changes the state and sends it to the DLL?

Or if not would it be possible?

1/11/2020 1:01 pm  #6

Can you explain? Maybe send me an email.

Board footera