Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2016 2:53 am  #1

Expedition.mdb deletion

Again, this may be a Win 10 innovation.  Previously, when changing races and using YB Tracker light in Expedition, I've cleaned out the boat folder by deleting Expedition.mdb.  I don't know how often, but certainly more than 5 (?) times.
Now, under Win 10, having deleted Expedition.mdb, I get an error message on reloading Expedition "can't find Expedition.mdb".  Enter 3 times and we proceed as normal .... but I'm not sure.  I'm just not convinced something else won't work, although I've looked at the Expedition.mdb tables in MS Access and can't think of any other potential disasters.
Other than renaming the file - which I suspect would produce the same result - has anyone any other insights?
Happy easter

3/27/2016 11:03 am  #2

Re: Expedition.mdb deletion

There is an empty Expedition.mdb installed with Exp you can make copies of. 

​Of course, you can rename it and tell Exp to use that.

However, it is likely that you haven't fixed the original problem. If Exp doesn't mave a valid database, it makes a copy of Expedition.mdb in the data folder. It is probable that Exp still doesn't have write access to this.

3/28/2016 3:30 pm  #3

Re: Expedition.mdb deletion

It appears that Win 10 creates two profiles for each user, and the one that has to be reset is c:\users\username, as it has a narrower set of privileges, even if the user has Admin rights.
As Nick wrote, right click on the Expedition folder and edit security settings.

Board footera