Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2019 7:40 am  #1

Expedition hardware requirements

I just bought a Dell i7 4 core processor, 16gb ram, 500 GB SSD and intel graphic card for the boat. I am a concern it so new all the programs won't work on this. It also 64 bit. Please help. Newbie. What about charts. What would work best on this machine? I did search for Hardware requirements, got nothing. 
I started reading Will's book the Gentle Introduction. I started finding answers to my questions. But still, wondering about my graphics card. It is intel not Nivida's card. Will that make a difference.

Last edited by SmokumTOO (12/06/2019 8:42 am)

12/06/2019 11:05 am  #2

Re: Expedition hardware requirements

That should definitely work well. Exp should work on most computers you can buy. Exp has relatively low memory requirements.

The 4 core CPU is useful for drawing ENCs, weather etc as Exp will use more than one to generate the instructions for the GPU.

In general, I prefer the Intel graphics for this. They just seem more reliable.

Charts. Where are you based? Globally, C-Map 4D is a good option. In many countries (USA, Canada, Australia, NZ etc), official and often free ENCs and RNCs are available.

Board footera