Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2019 7:05 am  #1

Radiating Point in Center Screen

Windows 10 laptop. Installed 10.13.2, but now when I am looking at a chart I have a point in the middle of the screen from which radiate many lines that go from that point to the edge of the view. Some of the pie pieces are blue (water) and some yellow (land). The point remain in the same position on my screen, but changes geographic location as I scroll. When I zoom into a small area where I have RNC coverage, the spot and radiating arms go away. Any Idea what I broke this time?
- John Swanson

11/21/2019 10:50 am  #2

Re: Radiating Point in Center Screen

Two other people have seen this. I think it will be related to the GPU upgrade, but I haven't been able to replicate it.

You could try deleting the charts.dat file and restarting Exp. I don't know if that will help, but it would be interesting to know either way.

The easy solution will be to use the C-Map world chart in the meantime.

Last edited by Nick (11/21/2019 10:50 am)

11/21/2019 1:38 pm  #3

I deleted the charts.dat. It doesn't solve the problem for RNCs, but it does solve it when I load my (old, outdated) C-MAPs.

11/21/2019 2:34 pm  #4

I still haven't been able to replicate it, but another Exp user had the same issue so we tried some different things with the GPU and the problem seems to have gone away.

Will post an update with those changes.

11/21/2019 2:54 pm  #5

Posted ...

11/21/2019 3:21 pm  #6

I installed the latest version. The problem still exists for me. Tried deleting the marks.dat, but that doesn't work. It seems that the weird lines are all plotting beneath the RNC chart area, if that helps.

11/21/2019 3:25 pm  #7

Mail me with a screen image. It sounds as if you are talking about something else now.

11/24/2019 4:26 am  #8

The problem has been resolved with 10.13.4. Thank you very much.
- John Swanson

Board footera