Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2019 11:29 pm  #1

Trouble with active mark not moving

Hi, wondering if there is a quick fix to the following issue.  We often have to manually update the active mark by hitting “next” vs Expedition knowing by our boat location that we have passed or sailed to a mark of the active course and that it should now regard the next mark as the active mark.  Becomes a big issue if you have exported the marks of the optimised course and made that your active course as there are lots and lots of marks.

10/25/2019 12:50 am  #2

Re: Trouble with active mark not moving

Did you ensure that "auto mark advance" in Settings-User are checked and a proper range is specified in case you have selected to advance mark if within range?

10/25/2019 1:30 am  #3

Thank you, that BOC was not checked, I will try that tomorrow!

10/26/2019 4:34 pm  #4

the problem i've been having is that mine advances too many times...

my event log is filled with mark auto-advances - one per second while i am near the mark.

10/26/2019 11:40 pm  #5

Good point us7070,  I didn't notice that before.

I checked my event log and this is what happens:
- Auto mark advance seems to work fine for all marks of an active route, except for the last mark of the route.  For these marks (except the last mark of the route), there is only 1 entry in the event log.   The column "minutes" shows a number > 0 but I have no idea what it means as it is definitly not the number of minutes that my boat was within the specified mark range  (e.g. it says 92.3 minutes while I was only within the range a few minutes;   I use an auto mark advance  range of 0.15 miles)
- For the last mark of an active routethere is indeed an entry in the event log every second.  This seems to be going on for the duration that you sail within the auto mark advance range of that last mark. Then it stops adding entries to the event log.  New entries start appearing once you have activated a new route and you pass the first mark of it.

@Nick:  can this be addressed?

10/27/2019 12:31 am  #6

Thanks ZZ. I will check that next chance I get (am on vacation).

I'm not really sure that using the output of the route optimisation as a route is necessarily a good idea. Yes, it can be done but ...

10/27/2019 7:56 am  #7

i am seeing it at more than just the last mark

my auto-advance is set to 0.1nm

Board footera