Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2019 7:34 am  #1

AIS Window getting lost

When I plan my routes in Expedition at home, I use multiple screens and sometimes the AIS floating window gets dragged to another screen. 

When I'm on the water with just my laptop and no additional screen, I can't seem to open the AIS window. I presume its trying to keep it open on the other screen that's not connected.

Does anyone else experiences this issue or is it just me.

9/25/2019 11:44 am  #2

Re: AIS Window getting lost

I expect that the system thinks the AIS window is still there, just out of the way. Have you tried switching to another display state?

The only thing I can think of is to dock the AIS pane before you disconnect your monitor.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

9/26/2019 9:19 am  #3

Yes, Stuart, I suffer from this issue. What's happening is that Exp stores the co-ordinates of the top corner of the window and if your resolution changes and it's outside the new resolution you can't see it. Unfortunately there's no eay way of resetting the top corner locaation. I've tried looking in regedit for the stored AIS window co-ordinates but if they're there, they're not shown under a logical name. Maybe Nick can point us in the right direction? 

9/26/2019 12:36 pm  #4

It is saved in the in the registry, for example DefaultState.

The easy solution is to use a different Exp display state or use the Expedition System Restore app to delete the display state.

Board footera