Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2019 2:42 am  #1

Add own observations

Has anyone been playing with adding own weather observations?

There are a list of sources in the WxObservations.xml file but the parsing of the downloaded files seems hard-coded (understandibly). There are some pointers early in the xml file but I don't know how to apply them.

The only two option I can see would be
* to add my own items as Bermuda stations, add my own URLs accordingly and output observation according to their syntax
* to emulate what the software WxWorx seems to do but the format for these observations is unknown to me

I am looking for a way to adjust this in a similar fashion as the MyGrib.xml where I have added my own grib server as just another source by editing the xml file.

Does anyone have ideas?

9/17/2019 12:41 pm  #2

Re: Add own observations

They are all custom formats depending on the source, so this wouldn't be easily doable.

Maybe mail me.

9/18/2019 5:16 am  #3

Re: Add own observations

In the end I did a python script creating a list of observations, similar in format to the NDBC bouys.

Using the ViVa observations in Sweden: http://www.sjofartsverket.se/Maritima-Tjanster/ViVa---Vind-och-vatteninformation/ (Sorry, in Swedish only...)

This worked great. No problems.

Board footera