Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2019 11:55 pm  #1

importo course (not heading) into KND Race Reply

I work with expedition and KND Race reply pro version.
I import the log into KND but I'm not able to import the leeway (not present in KND variable) nor the Course not present in the Expedition log file. I'm doing something wrong? there is a way to import the course into the log? 

Stefano

9/05/2019 12:09 am  #2

Re: importo course (not heading) into KND Race Reply

Stefano, do you mean Course (HDG-Leeway), or COG?  Course isn't a variable in Expedition logfiles, so nothing to import.  If COG, it should be imported by default in RR.  If COG and not being imported, check your Log Cleaner and Race Replay configs.

9/05/2019 12:15 am  #3

I mean Course, (Hdg+Leeway). COG is already imported. But the boat move in the water on the course not on the heading. so if I tack, I want to see what the difference in course is, not on heading. (assuming leeway is well calibrated, that is another story) . Why you say that Course isn't a variable in expedition logfile, as I can see the course on the variable box? How I can bypass this? Why Expedition log dozen of very specific variable and not a "standard one" as course? there isn't a way to modify what expedition log, as on dfw? (I'm more used to dwf,).

9/05/2019 1:24 am  #4

Some parameters aren't logged, for example polar bsp which becomes obsolete if you change the polar. If you load a log file into Exp or Stripchart, course is recomputed.

I don't know what KND does.

Last edited by Nick (9/05/2019 1:59 am)

9/05/2019 12:56 pm  #5

Roberto, what you could do is add a column afterwards for Course in the logfile if you wished.  If you had RR Team, you could add it as a calculated field, but I don't think you can do that with Pro version.
I assume you'd want to do this for compass calibration?  I look at HDG-COG for each 30 degree segment of the compass to do that; you could do that in your logfile, I do it in RR on phases.

9/06/2019 12:21 am  #6

I use RR Pro, I cannot log a user variable. I want to see the course as on a tack a delta course shall match my polar. while it's not true for a delta heading. also, RR pro could not load leeway, so course is the only source for the leeway. I could edit the log file and manually add the course, but this is time consuming.
Stefano

9/06/2019 12:26 am  #7

I've also tried to put onto the User 0 the Course, under equation but seems not yet implemented., nothing happen.
Stefano

9/06/2019 12:59 am  #8

Roberto, I can't understand why you want to do this, but never mind that.
RR at any level should include Leeway as a variable.  Is it being recorded in your Expedition logfiles?  If it is, check your LogCleaner and RR configuration settings, because if so it should appear in the cleaned and loaded logfile in RR.
It appears the only way you can add COUR is as a calculated variable in your original logfile - assuming LEEWAY is there and you are stuffed if it isn't - and then add the additional variable in your KND LogCleaner and RR config files.  Then you can play with it as a variable in RR.

9/06/2019 1:14 pm  #9

yes, the equations function isn't yet implemented. Am just waiting on some space time.

9/06/2019 8:24 pm  #10

You may be able to use the Expedition Extract log data function for just this. 

Board footera