Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2019 12:53 pm  #1

Logging/ renaming boats - user menu

In the Settings/ User Menu it is possible to manually rename the Boats ID
You can make them correspond to the MMSI numbers in the Intruments/ AIS menu.
This has worked very well for me in the past. 

Don't know if this has to do with the latest version but when you rename a boat and later come back into the Settings/ User Menu, a boat name that I have used in previous regattas appears suddenly on ID number 7.
When you come out and going back in the menu, this particular name appears on ID spots 6 and 7. (so it basically fills in from the bottom spot every tine you go into this menu. If you keep repeating this, this particular boat name then is listed on ID spots 1 to 7. Very strange..

Would this be a bug?

Bu the way, in the past I remeber that  Boat number  0 always corresponded to your own boat, but there is no Boat Number 0 in the User menu any more...

Many thanks for your help

Mitch

8/06/2019 2:34 pm  #2

Re: Logging/ renaming boats - user menu

Thank you. That does seem to be a bug.

The boat zero was removed from the list as the colour is set on the display settings page.

8/06/2019 11:21 pm  #3

Many thanks,

It would be great if this could be fixed before the start of Cowes Week (this Saturday)....

With regard to your comment on Boat Zero: does this mean that boat Zero is now always (automatically logged).
As this was sometimes a problem when the box "Log boats" was not checked
Sometime this box was suddenly unchecked and all data was lost.

Many thanks

8/06/2019 11:24 pm  #4

With the Log Boats option checked, all boats are logged.

If it isn't we can always give you a pre-release build.

8/07/2019 8:20 am  #5

with respect to this feature.., another thing that i would really like to be able to do is to have a second stripchart window open  - so i can view the logged data from the other boats, without having to open a new .str file.

i typically like to have a window that displays SOG for me.., and the other boats i am logging - boat 1, boat 2, and so on.

but as far as i know, the only way i can view that is to close out of my primary stripchart window, where i plot all my boat data, and open another .str file.

because of the variability of SOG over AIS, it's not that helpful to just view, say Boat 1 SOG in a number box - you really need to wand the numbers over a time period...

Board footera