Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2019 1:44 am  #1

C-MAP 4D SD card

Good morning everyone. I am a new Expedition user and I need a verification and advice before buying the new C-MAP 4D cards. Is it also possible to use 4D cards using the SD-Card version (usually used in chart plotter) and inserting it into the PC or can you just download the "electronic" version of the card from the C-MAP site?

6/26/2019 2:11 am  #2

Re: C-MAP 4D SD card

Hello,
The cards from your plotter won't work. You need to set up an account with C-Map, then buy and download them online. The interface is built into Exp.

It is probably worth reading the Exp help on C-Map 4D. The Topic is under the Charting section of the help.

6/26/2019 2:59 am  #3

Thanks a lot. I was pretty sure but I would like to have a last confirmation before spend more money for a second chart

6/26/2019 3:15 am  #4

Once you have set up the C-Map account, it is worth downloading the WWD303 More Free Base maps option.

It gives you a lot more detail.

However, never update WWD303 once installed. The update has a bug for it that C-Map hasn't fixed.

7/30/2019 5:06 am  #5

Hi, I cant get the WWD303 chart to show on my screen. About to download a paid for region but want to make sure it is working first. It shows as Ready on My Maps but that is all. (New User)

7/30/2019 7:06 am  #6

As a workaround for the WWD303 auto delete issue... I made a copy of the file in the CMap manager data directory for the base map charts - after the buggy behaviour deletes it if I manually copy it back it stops deleting it. (As long as you don't click the update button - they you have to restore from the copy again as it will be deleted when you close expedition).

C:\ProgramData\C-MAP\MapsManager\background

Last edited by sparky (7/30/2019 11:18 am)

7/30/2019 12:34 pm  #7

Jenxy74 - any more details? Does it appear in the list in MyMaps and/or if you click the C-Map button on the Charts ribbon panel?

8/04/2019 7:56 pm  #8

I'm able to add an updated map to my signature, but I can't get rid of the old one.  Can someone help me with that?  I'm sure it's a simple thing, but the answer eludes me.

Board footera