Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2019 11:00 am  #1

Weather data via SiriusXM Marine Weather

I can pull weather data into my Raymarine Axiom system using the SiriusXM Marine Weather device on my boat, but I cannot figure out how to pull that data into Expedition for use in optimal routing. Is this even possible?

How do I get weather data into Expedition when I am offshore (out of WiFi range for email-based Grib file services)?

Many thanks,
Sam Shanks

7/23/2019 1:13 pm  #2

Re: Weather data via SiriusXM Marine Weather

I don't think it is possible. I don't think they are grib files, but I don't know for sure.

7/23/2019 2:44 pm  #3

What would be your go-to for downloading Grib-files while off-shore?

7/24/2019 6:02 pm  #4

I use Iridium Go with saildocs.

It's cumbersome, but it works. Iridium requires a phone app, so I download the emailed grib to my phone, and transfer to the computer with a USB cable.

The Iridium can be connected directly to the computer using another paid subscription to xgate, which I have not tried. Others have reported mixed success.

Hope this helps!

7/24/2019 6:20 pm  #5

You can use SailMail with Iridum Go. Sailmail lets you download almost anything, not just Saildocs grib data.

7/25/2019 6:09 am  #6

Many thanks to all!

Sam

8/01/2019 1:06 pm  #7

I just used an iridiumGO and xGate to navigate TPac50 and it works flawlessly. My 8th or 9th large offshore event with it. Expedition works flawlessly with it for YB tracker, Gribs, Satellite imagery, etc.

Board footera