Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2016 7:58 am  #1

B&G Zues2 MFD and Polar Data

Hi,
I want to set up a "budget" racer/cruiser system on a 40ft Beneteau with a B&G Zeus 2 9" plotter, with N2K network to Vesper XB8000 AIS, and NMEA 0183 Wind, Speed and Depth coming from an old Raymarine ST60 set-up.  I do not want the B&G H3000/H5000 performance processors at this time.  Will eventually replace wind, speed and depth with B&G displays as needed.

Will I be able to send data from expedition to the Zeus? What instruments should I connect to in Expedition?   I am hoping there is a way for Expedition to provide polar data to the Zeus2 for layline calculations. 

I'm assuming that standard sentences like waypoint info, calculated TWD and set/drift will be easy to get via connection to 0183 or vesper N2K.  But will there be a way to send polar data like layline info and targets to the Zeus as custom channels?  or does this require a performance processor?

Thanks,
Andy 

3/15/2016 12:09 pm  #2

Re: B&G Zues2 MFD and Polar Data

Unfortunately, that does require a H3/H5 processor.

One option if you have a NMEA 2000 connection are the excellent Garmin displays that can accept custom data from Exp.

Board footera