Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2019 10:54 am  #1

Georeferencing problems

I often find that an image i have georeferenced, and that worked fine when i did it, doesn't work some time later.
so, i end up having to georeference it again
has anything changed in the format of the xml file?
they look the same to me...

7/13/2019 6:12 pm  #2

Re: Georeferencing problems

so, now what i am finding is that if i georeference an image it works as long as i leave it loaded in the list of images.
but if i clear the data base, and try to re-load the image it doesn't work.

the other thing is that if i move the image file and the georeferencing file to to another folder and try to load them, they don't work. i don' think it's an issue of the file path, because if they were in the same folder to begin with.., the xml doesn't have a full path - just the name of the file.

i know in the past this was not an issue, because i have previously georeferenced images for friends and emailed them both the image and the xml file, and they were able to use them with no problem.

it would be great of this could get fixed because the georeferencing is a great feature of expedition - i use it quite a lot

7/13/2019 6:36 pm  #3

Re: Georeferencing problems

It all seems to work as expected here.

Maybe send an example of one of your files you are having a problem with.

Board footera