Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2019 2:21 pm  #1

When using YB tracking for Transpac - Expedition crashes ?

I'm trying to follow the updates in YB tracking for Transpac but when I use the YB tracking in expetition for the Transpac race, expedition crashes as it does the download.  I did upgrade to `10.11.6 but it is still doing the same thing.  Expedition crashes, but when I restart expedition, the latest positions are now on the map.  
Any ideas?

Also, when using multiple positions, does anyone know how many in a 24 hr window?

7/11/2019 3:16 pm  #2

Re: When using YB tracking for Transpac - Expedition crashes ?

It seems ok here. Are you using the code: transpac2019

What do you have set as the race tracking xml file

Multiple positions seems to vary by race. The Trans-Atlantic was every 10 minutes, delayed by 30.

This seems to be every 20 or 60 minutes.

7/11/2019 9:13 pm  #3

Exactly the same crash here.  Interestingly (?) Expedition restarts, but with GRIBS from a week or so ago i.e. not the current ones.

7/11/2019 9:37 pm  #4

No crash here (10.11.6)

7/11/2019 10:33 pm  #5

Nick,
I  am using the transpac2019 code.  I noticed that it starts the download then crashes and sometimes it restarts.  I don't know if the restart is related to checking the multiple positions pr not.  I'll need to rerun some more tests.  My boat laptop is a Microsoft Surface with windows 10.   As DuncanR mentions,  I also noticed that the GRIB files that I did just download are not in use, I need to re-select them.  That could be that is was in memory but not saved somewhere. 

As for the xml file, i did not change anything.  where can I check that? 
Thanks

7/11/2019 10:33 pm  #6

I normally suggest the Expedition System restore app when something like this happens, but it would be good to know what causes it.

7/12/2019 2:21 pm  #7

I've updated to 10.11.6 from 10.11.4 and the problem has gone away.  When I loaded 10.11.6 for the first time, the same old GRIB I referred to above reappeared.  Maybe the undead are involved somehow.

7/15/2019 4:30 pm  #8

FYI - I did try another upgrade to 10.11.7 and it still crashed when it finishes downloading the YB updates.  Next, I'll try the restore option and keep you posted.

7/21/2019 8:42 pm  #9

Not 100% sure which item fixed it, but I did the Expedition System restore app  and then I got sharing violation on the JSON tracking file.  I removed all of the JSON file and restarted Expedition and now everything is working again. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

Board footera