Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2019 12:56 pm  #11

Re: H3000 Analogue Displays from Exp/H5000/Zeus

Yes, the Garmin has custom channels you can send almost any Exp data to over an Actisense NGT-1.

See the Exp help - Instruments, Garmin NMEA 2000.

7/10/2019 4:33 pm  #12

TomH wrote:

For the H3K analogues question:  That said, I seem to recall that the H3K analogues were N2K/Simnet devices not fastnet. That would explain why they did work, and suggest that the H5k update stopped the right PGNs getting on the bus. If they are N2K might you be able to put out the right PGNs from Expedition?

Interesting idea. Since it's the Zeus Update that killed it, I would presumably need to make a 2nd NMEA 2k buss that was NOT connected to the Zeus for them. Not quite sure how to configure that as it's multi talker/listener. 

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

7/11/2019 12:59 pm  #13

Before I tried to do that I'd be inclined to remove the zeus from the N2K and check that the analogues start working again. If you've got an Actisense NGT-1 (or equivalent) on the N2K it should be possible future out what it is the zeus is doing that breaks them - it might well be possible to suppress that (pure speculation on my part!) 

Board footera