Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2018 7:10 am  #1

H5000 Websocket - AIS

On the same boat I mentioned in the B&G Cals thread, I am unable to get AIS to Expedition. It's annoying, because I am pretty sure that a few months ago on the same boat, I did get AIS in expedition. When  I did get AIS, I think I got it through the Websocket connection, rather than through a separate NMEA AIS network connection.

It's H5000 Hydra with a wifi websocket connection over a GoFree device.

in expedition, on "B&G H5000 Websocket Settings" > H5000.., I have "AIS Traffic" checked.

I have targets displayed in AIS settings, and it doesn't look like there is any AIS data in the raw data for the connection.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited by us7070 (10/01/2018 7:11 am)

10/01/2018 12:07 pm  #2

Re: H5000 Websocket - AIS

The H5 has never sent AIS. The functionality is just there in Exp in case it does one day.

6/24/2019 1:20 am  #3

Hi Nick,

Is it possible to get AIS targets to show up from a web socket connection to a Zeus3?

I am already using web sockets to connect to the H5000 for regular instrument data. I added a second websocket network connection and pointed at one of the Zeus 3 MFDs and enabled AIS traffic in the advanced web socket menu. I can see the raw AIS data but the targets don't show up.

I would also like to make sure that we don't try and put instrument data that the Zeus might be sending into boat0 so so for now I just assigned the instrument source to boatN instead. If this is a supported configuration could you add a 'use instrument data' setting to the websocket settings options?

Thanks, 

Tom

6/24/2019 2:14 am  #4

Hello,

I don't have a Zeus and H5 doesn't pass on AIS so it is one feature I have never been able to test it.

Have you selected to use AIS traffic in Exp's web socket settings?

Maybe mail me ….

6/25/2019 1:00 am  #5

done

6/25/2019 11:42 pm  #6

tomcheney wrote:

Hi Nick,

Is it possible to get AIS targets to show up from a web socket connection to a Zeus3?

I am already using web sockets to connect to the H5000 for regular instrument data. I added a second websocket network connection and pointed at one of the Zeus 3 MFDs and enabled AIS traffic in the advanced web socket menu. I can see the raw AIS data but the targets don't show up.

I would also like to make sure that we don't try and put instrument data that the Zeus might be sending into boat0 so so for now I just assigned the instrument source to boatN instead. If this is a supported configuration could you add a 'use instrument data' setting to the websocket settings options?

Thanks, 

Tom

Make sure your Zeus 3 has NMEA over ethernet enabled. The Zeus 3 will then accept TCP connections (on port 10110 from memory)

Go into Expedition, add another network connection ( Not websocket ). For instruments select NMEA 0183 AIS, connection TCP Client and pop in the TCP/IP address of your Zeus 3 and port (10110)

Hit connect and watch the magic happen

6/26/2019 2:08 am  #7

That is probably a better solution anyway.

6/26/2019 3:11 am  #8

Good idea!

Board footera