Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2019 5:10 am  #1

Your Chart Data is Obsolete Message

Hello,

I have the "EW-D226 - Uk, Ireland and The Channel" C-MAPS installed on my PC.
I recently purchased and downloaded the EW-D226.43 update. 
When I start Expedition, I am still getting an error saying "Your chart data is obsolete, and may be unsafe for navigation."

When I'm looking at the chart, the top-left shows "H0 0000 Sat 08 Sep 2018 GMT Standard Time".
When I browse to C-Maps - My Devices - Maps I can see the EW-D226.43 license present.

I have attached screenshots showing the licenses and C-Maps info.
Can you help me figure out whether the .43 update is installed?
If so, why am I still getting the "obsolete" error when starting up?

I'll include the screenshots in reply to this post.

Thanks in advance.
-Cd

2/25/2019 5:11 am  #2

Re: Your Chart Data is Obsolete Message

Screenshot:

2/25/2019 1:07 pm  #3

Have you looked at the C-Map My Maps interface in Exp?

PS. If you do this, do not update WWD303 - More Free Base Maps. C-Map still has a bug updating that.

Last edited by Nick (2/25/2019 1:08 pm)

2/28/2019 8:36 am  #4

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back.
The laptop is on the boat at the moment so I can't check it for another week or so. 
If I remember correctly, we installed the update through the C-Maps interface. Now that area says "Ready" beside the map name but we still get the obsolete error when starting up.

I'll get more screenshots etc when I have laptop access again.

Thanks
-Cd

Last edited by SunFSail (2/28/2019 8:36 am)

5/13/2019 11:21 am  #5

Hi, I also recently started getting chart data obsolete messages on starting Expedition but C-Map (chart/c-map/my maps) was showing that there were no updates available and if I checked the store (chart/c-map/store/account) it was not showing the availability of any updates (most recent being 43).

On further analysis what I found was that there were three copies of the EW-D226 in the charts directory (programdata/c-map/mapsmanager/charts/EW-D226) on my machine. The configuration file EW-D226 (programdata/c-map/mapsmanger/EW-D226.conf) was pointing at the most recent version, 43 but it appears that Expedition was loading the first chart, which was out of date.

I tested this by copied the charts directory and deleting the PCL and MRC files for the older entries (40 & 41). This stopped the warning messages and ensured that Expedition was loading the most recent copy on the machine. This has also allowed me to recover around 20GB of my hard drive.  

Last edited by greg.brougham (5/13/2019 11:22 am)

5/14/2019 12:03 am  #6

Hi Greg,

That's really helpful!
Thanks for that. Will test that next time I'm on board.

Thanks,
Cd

12/18/2019 2:28 am  #7

FYI:
I ran into the same issue as described above (Although I upgraded the North-west European Coasts from v43 to v45).
The solution as described by Greg also worked for me.  Tnx Greg!

Board footera