Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2019 2:45 am  #1

Number boxes, Polar calculation boxes

Dear all, I have a problem.
The software no longer calculates my target speed, nor any other polar-related data. ( % boat , polar boat speed etc) 
I think the route calculation is correct.
What does it depend on? 
Thanks
Vincenzo

5/02/2019 12:17 pm  #2

Re: Number boxes, Polar calculation boxes

Likely you only loaded a Nav polar for your boat (which is used by optimal routing).
For the data of your number boxes you should load a Performance polar (can be the same polar file as your Nav polar)

5/03/2019 1:35 pm  #3

If Zee's solution doesn't work, I have had a similar problem, the software simply stopped calculating things like Time to Mark, Time to Lay, Polar% etc etc ... and then very occasionally would do so for a while.  This was only fixed with an Expedition reset.
However, most of your configuration settings will be wiped in the process of a reset, so go through and note what they are.  Not difficult to restore, but time-consuming.

7/22/2021 4:29 am  #4

I'm having the same problem and preparing to do an Expedition reset.  I'm concerned I don't have all of the configurations recorded and I'll be in big trouble after the reset.  Is there a "save configurations" command or a checklist of settings?
Thanks,
Steve

7/22/2021 4:32 am  #5

You can make a backup of the Expedition data directory as well as from the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER-SOFTWARE-Expedition.    That way you can always restore your current config.

7/22/2021 12:00 pm  #6

There is also the 'Export settings' function on the system menu.

7/25/2021 4:35 pm  #7

I'm ready to perform the reset to get Polar BSP and other computations back.
I've "Exported settings", but I'm not sure if I should reset the Window registry, Expedition Registry or both.
Would appreciate any suggestions, and to know how to "Import settings" back to Expedition. Thanks!

7/25/2021 10:30 pm  #8

There isn't an option to 'reset the Window registry'.

To delete all the Expedition settings in the registry for example, just select the 'Delete Expedition registry keys' option.

The 'Delete all ...' option deletes all Expedition settings from the registry (Stripchart etc)

The settings in the .reg file can be imported by double-clicking on it.

Board footera