Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2019 12:20 pm  #1

YB tracking 10.10.13

Hi, I am having an issue with the yb tracking. The boat id and tracking for the 'n2e2019' on the newer versions of Expedition seem to be incomplete and otherwise not working. I have boat laptop with 10.10.13 where I first noticed the problem. I also have a desktop that had 10.10.3 where the boat id seemed complete (limited functionality so no yb tracking beyond boatid). I then updated desktop to latest version and now boat id is missing boats. Manual import likewise doesn't work. One thing I noticed is no boat numbers are assigned next to plot check box in boatid menu. Any help would be appreciated, not a priority just using opportunity to test. 

Thanks.
Alex

4/25/2019 2:00 pm  #2

Re: YB tracking 10.10.13

I just tested with and it all seems to work ok, although this is with 10.10.14.

I am not 100% sure I follow some of that though, for example "now boat id is missing boats"

The race tracking has been recently moved from that database to an xml file. There is a new Files settings page where you can specify the race tracking file and also import old data from the legacy database.

The boat numbers in the boats interface have gone away. They were just database IDs, so of no relevance.

https://expedition.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1134

4/25/2019 5:27 pm  #3

Thanks for clearing up the database ids. What I was talking about was that the boat id file was incomplete. When I went and did the initial boat id download (yb dialogue box boat id download) instead of say 40 boats, there was 20. I auto colored all those boats, and noticed there were a few missing, I redownloaded the boat ids from same dialogue box and rechecked. There were a few added (ie black color boats with the rest colored, boats weren't in file before) I am not sure if this has more to do with yb trackers not all on yet or what. I thought it was weird as the desktop had all the boats in the boat id file with 10.10.3. This makes me think that the xml may populate from active trackers?? I think its a very niche issue I ran into and probably not one at all once race starts. The boat position reports seem to be working now as well. Thanks for the quick response. 

4/25/2019 6:03 pm  #4

That is just the file as downloaded from YB. We don't have any control over what is in it.

In this case, it is at  http://yb.tl/Links/n2e2019

Board footera