Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2019 1:46 pm  #1

C-MAP MAX future support question

Hi Nick...  can you clarify what this comment means?  Based upon this comment and the hassle factor of the PC/NT Selector I did succesfully and very happily make the transition to Expedition 4D and 4D charts...  very happy with that process of purchasing and accessing charts and I am recommending it to others to make the transition...  I just like a little more strength of confidence in what I am telling people about the future of C-Map Max...or Expedition's support of...
"Expedition for MAXC-Map MAX charting is near the end of its product life cycle. the last update will be in December 2019.Thanks - HL

P.S. - Also sent by email but thought others will ask so maybe we get it here too...

3/30/2019 4:52 pm  #2

Re: C-MAP MAX future support question

NT+/MAX dates back to the 1990s, so it is very old and uses very old graphics technology. The distribution and licensing are inconvenient for both C-Map and users. Hence 4D.

C-Map was bought by Navico about a year ago. They have ceased development of the old MAX charting and the last chart update will be at the end of 2019.

Board footera