Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2019 4:41 pm  #1

WRF

I've just improved the 0.03 degree Auckland model and added Cook Strait (Nelson to Wellington) to the 6 hourly runs. These should be by far the best grib data available for both areas.

Also recently added by request were Antigua/Caribbean 600, Manila, Valencia, Palma, Porto Cervo and St Tropez.

Available in the next Exp update and also on the web at http://www.expeditionmarine.com/egrib.htm.

2/01/2019 12:28 am  #2

Re: WRF

Keep up the good work.  Should I be silly enough to sail across Cook Strait (when Antigua is the other choice) I will remember you

2/08/2019 8:12 am  #3

Is there a way we could receive the Expedition 0.1 WRF Caribbean 600 through subscription or email as we can for many of the other models with Saildocs?

2/08/2019 9:54 am  #4

Wheels wrote:

Is there a way we could receive the Expedition 0.1 WRF Caribbean 600 through subscription or email as we can for many of the other models with Saildocs?

you can download that file via email using saildocs.

while saildocs has a subscription feature, that file is 1.5mb, and i probably wouldn't set up a subscription for anything that big. 

if the reason you want it emailed is because you are using an iridium - either a go or a handset.., and can't do the direct download in expedition, i would say that file is too big. sure, with the go and an unlimited plan, you could do it. if you have broadband, i would just get it in expedition.

anyway, the saildocs file request - using the  url from the expedition website will return the file via email.

also, in the C-600 last year, i had cellular data often enough that i mostly used that.

2/08/2019 11:04 am  #5

The Exp download also has the option for the wind only file, which is about 630kb

http://www.expeditionmarine.com/grib/caribbean01_w.grb

It updates around 0515, 1115, 1715, 235 UTC.

7/25/2019 6:25 am  #6

Can I find a list with the update times of the different models somewhere?

7/25/2019 1:26 pm  #7

There isn't a list as it varies, but they are generally posted between 4 and 6 hours after the analysis time.

Board footera