Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2016 2:53 pm  #1

Edit Boat and Number bar items

In the Edit Number bar box item "Boat brg from 0" allows me to choose  boat 0-7

When I open the "Edit boats" Window from the "Sail" tab I can't change the number of My Boat (1) or of YBTracking boats (various 3 digit #)
Is there some place else to assign these 7 numbers? V.10.2.17

2/16/2016 7:21 am  #2

Re: Edit Boat and Number bar items

I think my problem is that on the Boat Editor  "My Boat" is set to "1"

It won't let me edit the number or create a "New" boat with a number I can change.

How do I get a "Boat 0"

The Boat Editor window does let me change the Ref boat but that's it.

v10.2.18

2/16/2016 12:32 pm  #3

Different 'boats'. You will always be using zero for the data. The boat editor is for race schedules etc

2/17/2016 1:56 pm  #4

Where do I change 'My Boat' back to '0'?  It is '1' now.

Also how do I assign a YB boat to 1-7?

To clarify, when I go to 'Race Schedules' then click the 'Edit Boats' box
the window 'Boat editor' opens and I see the YB boat and 'my boat' listed.  There is a tick box for each boat and in the same column it shows '889' for the YB boat and '1' for 'My Boat' It won't allow me to change this number. One cloume here does allow me to assign 'Ref Boat' to either.

How can I (re)assign 'My Boat' to '0' and the YB boat to 1-7 so I can choose it in the numbers box?

Thanks

2/17/2016 9:02 pm  #5

Hello,

These are two different things.

All instrument data gets filed in boats 0-7. Your boat should always be boat zero. The others are for multiple boat testing and some other users.

The boats used by race schedules are completely different and there is essentially no link. The numbers in the race schedules boat list are just the database IDs. It is probably best if you ignore them. The important part for you are the names (which will be the same as the YB files). You should set your boat to be the reference boat. All bearings, ranges etc in the race schedules window are relative to this. 

2/18/2016 3:00 am  #6

Nick,
OK, I understand.  But that being the case how do I get data in the Numbers box "Brg from Boat 0"
I've tried all 1-7 boxes and no data.  On the Boat Edit window 'My Boat' is assigned to 'Ref Boat'
Thank You 

2/18/2016 3:43 am  #7

Ernie M wrote:

Nick,
OK, I understand.  But that being the case how do I get data in the Numbers box "Brg from Boat 0"
I've tried all 1-7 boxes and no data.  On the Boat Edit window 'My Boat' is assigned to 'Ref Boat'
Thank You 

Per Nicks comments above, 'bearing from boat 0' is unrelated to 'Ref Boat' or race schedules.

You will have data if you have boats mapped to 1-7 via serial data input or AIS mapping.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

2/18/2016 5:32 am  #8

Thanks, Guys

Board footera