Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2018 5:06 pm  #1

Number boxes

I have been editing the number boxes and try to save expedition changes on exit. However on logging back in the settings in the number boxes always revert to the origninal ones. 
Expedition says it is saving changes on exit, am I doing something wrong?

7/22/2018 6:56 pm  #2

Re: Number boxes

They are saved in C:\ProgramData\Expedition\States

Maybe Exp has lost write access to this folder?

7/22/2018 7:08 pm  #3

ok. in states there are .ex3 files. which should the number box be ?

7/22/2018 7:16 pm  #4

Forget last question.
Thanks Nick I have fixed the problem by editing the security of the files in the States folder
Cheers
Stuart

1/22/2019 6:32 am  #5

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I am having a similar problem. No matter what I save the number boxes as, the window for them is blank when I re-open Exp.

I adjusted the permissions to give Exp write access to the States folder but I noticed that the States folder is actually empty and there are no files in there at all (hidden or otherwise). Is it possible to download the standard ex3 files again, would that work?

I have installed the latest version of the software.

Thanks,
Nick

1/22/2019 11:18 am  #6

You can tell Exp to save the number boxes etc display states from the States menu.

The most likely thing is that Exp isn't allowed to write to that folder though.

1/22/2019 11:15 pm  #7

Nick,
I have noticed that depending on the way you change the number box the settings are saved or not.

If you right-click on a box which e.g. displays TWA, a menu will pop-up where you can change the color, damping and the channel to be displayed (but only for one specific channel, TWA in this case).  Now e.g. change it to display AWA or to display it in a different color.   Now, when exiting Exp, this setting is NOT saved.

If you click on the "gear" (edit)  icon on top of the number box window a popup is show where you can make adjustments to all displayed channels and where you can add channels to be displayed.  Any changes made here ARE saved when you exit Exp.

If in a number box window you drag and drop channels around to change their position within the window, these changes ARE saved.
If you drag and drop a channel outside of the number box window the channel is removed and this IS saved when exiting Exp.

1/23/2019 7:44 pm  #8

Thanks, have implemented that.

2/13/2019 3:17 am  #9

Thanks Nick, I will recheck that Exp has permission to write to that folder. Is it normal though that the States folder has no files in it? Would these usually be created during the initial install process?

Thanks

2/13/2019 3:56 am  #10

I think the States folder only has a default.ex3 file in it.
Once you start using other states (like "race", prestart etc) addition files will be created to store those states.

Board footera