Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2018 5:21 am  #1

I keep routing over land

Hi.

New user to Expedition and currently I am still using the base C-Map and have not yet put other charts on there. I am working my way through Wills new book as I go to learn the ropes.

​I can get Grid based routes to work with multiple waypoints to keep away from the land however when I try isochronal the route avoids my race notes but takes me across large patches of dirt.

​I have looked through Will's books and tried several variations on the settings menu including avoid C-Map land, avoid vector chart land and avoid ENC land but get the same results. 

​Does it require an additional chart to be loaded?

5/22/2018 7:36 am  #2

Re: I keep routing over land

I make sail notes over land and have optimal routing avoid it. having the optimal routing avoid cmap lands uses a lot of power, and is inefficient in my opinion. just go through the route and create sail notes.

5/22/2018 1:59 pm  #3

Yes, Avoid C-Map land is not recommended but someone complains every time I remove.

The avoid vector land can be useful in larger scale situations.

8/05/2018 1:20 pm  #4

The race notes take some gpu/cpu cycles to draw - on my shitty notebook ( I have a bunch of race notes to avoid land) - but I do not draw them as it feels like expedition runs slower if they are visible.

Create race note and uncheck draw in the race notes page

8/05/2018 4:10 pm  #5

Yes, the avoiding race notes does use more CPU

Board footera