ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2018 7:43 am  #1


Garmin N2k - Can't send data to GMI20 custom channels

I am in the process of setting up Expedition on my boat.
​I have a Garmin instrument system.
​It is using the ActiSense USB adapter to connect to the N2k network.

​I have information from my instrument system coming in to Expedition.
Wind speed, wind angle, boat speed, etc.

​I am trying to send data through the custom Channels.
Polar BSP, Polar BSP%, Target BSP, Target BSP%

​I set it up in Expedition using User channel 0 to 3.
​I created a page on one of my GMI20 displays in the cockpit that displays custom channels 0-3.
​But they are always blank on the display unit.

​I have the info in number boxes in Expedition.
​The number boxes are updating in real time based on data from my instruments.
​But, it would be much better if I could send this information to the cockpit.

Any ideas what to try next? 

 

6/09/2018 1:52 pm  #2


Re: Garmin N2k - Can't send data to GMI20 custom channels

In the Exp N2K PGNs, have you selected to send the 126720 PGN?

 

6/12/2018 2:42 am  #3


Re: Garmin N2k - Can't send data to GMI20 custom channels

Thanks Nick.
I suspected I was missing something simple.

I found the place to enable sending of the 126720 PGN, once that was done I had data on my cockpit displays.

The only issue I am having now is the size of the text on the displays is good for a while, then suddenly increases in size such that it doesn't fit on the display anymore.  If I change pages on the GMI20 and then go back to the custom data the sizes return to normal.

Any ideas for this?

     •Thread Starter
 

6/12/2018 3:25 am  #4


Re: Garmin N2k - Can't send data to GMI20 custom channels

Sounds like a bug in the software/firmware on the display.

I would go to Garmin with the issue.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.