Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2018 12:59 pm  #1

Settins/Weather/Clear Selected

All, something I have lived with forever, and always worked around.  I would have thought the above button was a way of retaining selected files (eg big current files) in Expedition while removing others (eg yesterday's GRIBs).  However it - mine - doesn't do that - I can't make that button do that.
So, other than Delete All and then reload, how does one retain individual GRIIB files in Expedition while deleting others?

4/21/2018 1:14 pm  #2

Re: Settins/Weather/Clear Selected

Duncan.
You select it for deletion by hi-lighting it
The tick boxes select it for usage/display but I guess a safeguard is you really have to make an effort to delete it.
Nice to see the DW tribe back on the road; our hearts go out to them!
Cheers,
Ernie

4/21/2018 2:46 pm  #3

Duncan,

I use Clear Selected to remove a grib file from the inventory of files that can be used for routing. The cleared files are retained in the Grib folder where they can then be individually deleted or removed to another event-specific folder for future analysis.

In the grib folder the files are deleted by selecting/ highlighting and walking the delete key on my keyboard.

I guess the short answer to your question is that permanent deleting is accomplished in the grib folder and not in the Weather file panel.

I access the grib folder through the Weather file panel or else through the Program Data folder.

Hope this helps.

4/21/2018 6:14 pm  #4

Yes, the Clear selected button removes all selected files from the list and leaves the unselected ones.

​The checkboxes control which ones are loaded into Exp. The checkbox option is to more quickly switch between existing grib files of interest.

Board footera