Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2015 10:45 am  #1

Microsoft bug

It seems there is an intermittent bug in the Microsoft component that installs the 2015 version of some components used by Exp.

This is is the vcredist_x86.exe, also available for manual install from the Exp download page. So far, it seems confined​ to Windows 7.

This link has a good summary of the problem:

https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html

If you do experience this issue, the solution is probably to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, ally all updates (SP1, the platform update - see the Exp download page etc) to Windows and manually install it.  

There is a suggestion this may solve the issue.http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48234

Last edited by Nick (10/20/2015 2:32 pm)

12/14/2015 11:19 am  #2

Re: Microsoft bug

Thanks had the problem, ran the fix. Everything came back up except Location. No Lat,Lon or GPS.
Any Ideas?

12/14/2015 2:55 pm  #3

Do you have an instrument or GPS connection?

12/17/2015 9:33 am  #4

I am not seeing any NEMA frames for Lat. or Lon. when I go to the raw data for the instruments? Using NKE with a Raymarine 125 gps atn. ?

12/18/2015 3:31 pm  #5

Artie Means figured its a GPS ant. Issue. Wired up a new ant. and it all back. Thanks

12/23/2015 2:40 am  #6

Not sure if it is because of the bug, I'm just trying to update expedition on the boat as it hadn't been done for quite a while.
Everytime I run the install it hangs when it is looking for the visual C++ 2015 and asks me to select a file to open.
I have applied all windows updates and uninstalled the 2015 re distributable on the machine. Trying to install the version on your downloads page, it hangs again. I can install the version from the microsoft page no problems, but this doesn't help with the expedition update. 
Any ideas? Is it worth me uninstalling all windows updates and installing them again?
Thanks

12/23/2015 12:34 pm  #7

Maybe mail me directly ...

Board footera