Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2015 12:27 pm  #1

OVerlay Files

Does anyone have a good explanation for the process of overlaying images onto charts?

For example, being able to overlay the Google Earth image of a port onto the charts, or overlay Jenifer Clark's gulf stream over the charts, etc.

12/14/2015 2:55 pm  #2

Re: OVerlay Files

Click on Images on the Charts panel, then select the import button.

12/15/2015 12:38 pm  #3

From there, do I just need to eyeball it based on visible features, or is there a way to lock the position in some manner?

12/16/2015 1:36 pm  #4

When the picture from Jennifer comes up you have to plant the cursor on a known L/L say upper left and enter the L/L in the popup window do the same or the lower right L/L then click open. It should appear as if it were a chart.

This is by memory so if it doesn't work tell me and I'll get in front of the Durabook and detail it...I'm pretty much a newbie!  :-))

12/16/2015 1:43 pm  #5

That makes sense. I hadn't gotten far enough into the process, but really didn't want to start experimenting too far without some idea of what was coming.

The help is much appreciated.

Board footera