Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2016 1:56 am  #1

Europe Tides Model

I'm working on some routing and trying to get tides working in the West of England. The helpfile suggests there should be a European Tide model, but I cannot see it in the list.

Does anyone know where I can get this info please.

Thanks,
Rob

9/14/2016 2:29 am  #2

Re: Europe Tides Model

I have also read a previous question about tides which suggests building polars for 6 knots at all wind speeds/angles. I did this, checked "use tidal streams" and ran the routes, but there is no change in route time suggesting tides are not being used. Am I  issing something? I can see the tidal vectors on the chart, which changes as I scroll fwd in time, so I assume I have some tidal info.

Thanks

9/14/2016 3:31 pm  #3

If the tidal vectors on the chart are C-Map, Exp can't use these in any useful way.

​Mail me for UK tidal streams.

7/28/2017 6:30 am  #4

Hi Nick

Same problem here. In optimum I like to calculate with Europe tidal streams. I only can select US models. The optimum does not calculate with tidal streams shown on the map. What to do?

THANKS!!
Suzanne

7/28/2017 12:18 pm  #5

You have to select 'Use tidal streams' in the optimal routing settings for Proudman etc.

Mail me for UK tidal streams.

Board footera