Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2017 4:10 pm  #1

YB Tracking

I'd like to spend some time with the YB tracking function and get used to it before the BYC Mackinac Race.  

Is there a code for the Transpac I could use or Chicago Mac (when it starts)?

I tried simply entering the code in last year and couldn't get anything to show up, so any pointers would be useful.  I thought I just had to enter the yb code and then select the boats I wanted to see, but I must have been missing something.  

Thanks!

7/05/2017 5:52 pm  #2

Re: YB Tracking

transpac2017

7/06/2017 5:14 am  #3

Thanks Nick.  I found some North U videos on youtube that I believe answered most of my questions.  Will be checking this out tonight.  

Thanks again!

7/13/2017 5:47 pm  #4

KT
Chi Mac has a boat file now

chicagomack2017  is the code

E

7/15/2017 12:14 pm  #5

Prior Mack races have displayed the boat ID info on the tracking from YB.
Not on my screen this year!!
What have I got wrong in settings?
Thx, pjl

7/17/2017 9:46 am  #6

Hi Nick - I cant seem to get the YB tracker feature to work in Expedition.  Boat ID's are downloading but not the actual tracking program.  Can you point me in the right direction?

7/17/2017 10:25 am  #7

bpethick wrote:

Hi Nick - I cant seem to get the YB tracker feature to work in Expedition.  Boat ID's are downloading but not the actual tracking program.  Can you point me in the right direction?

BPE,
You may have a 'legit' problem but you can try this:
under Sail/Boats click Auto Colour
for chicagomack2017 look around N/S Fox Islands see if you see some multi coloured dots.  If so wait a couple hours and  then update the YB Tracking and those dots will turn into lines. The first time you do the YB download you just get a black dot for each boat; extremely hard to see.

A second trick is to go to the Weather tab, click Now then click the arrow pointing left to count the time back sometimes the YB data appears as it may be a few hours old.

Cheers,
Ernie

7/17/2017 12:42 pm  #8

​Exp downloads the YB tracking data. I presume you are using the YB Tracking short-cut on the sail panel.

Make sure you have draw race tracks and targets selected on display settings. Also tell Exp to update the display time when you download the positions.

7/18/2017 7:04 am  #9

are the "targets" specified in this post in the "AIS and DSC" section of the commands?

Thx, pjl

7/18/2017 12:24 pm  #10

He is asking about Race Tracking/YB Tracking PJL.

Board footera