Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2017 12:50 am  #1

Loading US NOAA ENCs

Being midwinter and recovering from eye surgery down here (who wants a one-eyed navigator?), I decided to con the Annanopolis-Newport race, just gone.  That race would turn hair grew, makes S-H look really simple, turn right at South Head, turn right again at Tasman Island ....

However, my question is a really simple one.  How do you bring OS NOAA ENCs into Expedition?  In Australia we only have C-Map, a very different process.  I'd have thought ENCs would be simple, but I don't get it.

Cheers

6/08/2017 1:05 am  #2

Re: Loading US NOAA ENCs

Hello Duncan,
​Much the same as for RNCs and Images - just click the ENC button on the charts ribbon. and search the appropriate folder.
​You must have the ENC files in the file structure they came in.
​Then to open, just right click on the chart or use the list of charts shown when you click the ENC button.

Btw, ​Exp 10.6 is much faster with the ENCs.

Last edited by Nick (6/08/2017 1:05 am)

6/08/2017 1:32 am  #3

Thanks Nick, the problem was finding where the unzipped file had unzipped itself to, and then working from there.  My respect for anyone who races down Chesapeake Bay in the dark grows.  I'd hate to do it in a big Southerly.
I note you comment about Exp 10.6.  I take it it is pending?

6/08/2017 1:50 am  #4

Yes, there are some big things coming to Exp before summer down-under.

6/08/2017 3:36 am  #5

Look forward to it.  Solstice in 2 weeks, not to mention important rugby engagements ....

Board footera