Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2017 3:23 pm  #1

Unable To Open Stripchart

Operating Exp 10.5.11,Windows 10 on a 10 day old Lenovo desktop PC and I wanted to analyze some log files but I am unable to open Stripchart. Can't figure out what I did wrong now.  

2/11/2017 6:16 pm  #2

Re: Unable To Open Stripchart

No idea. I often suggest trying the Expedition System restore if this sort of thing happens

2/12/2017 12:13 am  #3

Did Stripchart work before on that laptop or has it never been able to start?
Do you start it manually?   From the Windows start menu from from inside Expediton?
Or is it started automatically when Expedition is started?

2/12/2017 4:11 am  #4

It may be that I have never opened Stripchart before on this desktop.It is brand new except for stuff that I have been setting up on it since acquiring it eleven days ago.
I try to start it manually and automatically with no joy. It will not start from Expedition or from the Windows start menu.
I have used system restore to the point where I have a nothing remaining on this machine except this newest version of Expedition. I am beginning to suspect that the issue may be related to something I have done to this PC while setting it up.

2/12/2017 4:31 am  #5

install Exp again and choose for 'repair' when prompted?

2/12/2017 1:27 pm  #6

Did you try the Expedition System restore?

2/12/2017 3:22 pm  #7

Tried Exp System Restore every way I thought it might work: checking every box, restarting after restoring, uninstalling and reinstalling after restoring. Funny how I expected the license key to go away but it kept coming back; leads me to suspect that my PC might not be executing the system restore command although the charts, marks, data file, states, etc are going away. Still scratching my head about it and now Anson advises that Exp crashes on his laptop whenever he opens stripchart; must be something in the Florida water. Not experiencing any kind of problem on my laptop which leads me to suspect my desktop PC and possibly something involving Windows and its updates. 

2/12/2017 3:31 pm  #8

Very odd. Maybe try deleting or renaming the Exp data folder?

2/12/2017 4:12 pm  #9

Acting on your suggestion I tried that. No joy. I am thinking about going back to an earlier build of Windows but I am worried about losing some apps that I paid for. 

2/12/2017 10:47 pm  #10

Ins't it a firewall or virus scanner issue?
Try disabling these and see what happens.

Board footera