Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2016 2:15 pm  #1

ENC chart clutter when zooming 'out'

Greetings...still learning Expedition and working through the online tutorials...however, when I download NOAA ENC charts, load them, start zooming in/out, when I zoom "way out", I get enormous clutter.  Is there a setting in Chart Settings that I should be using?  I was expecting detail to fall away or not be shown, not unreadable clutter.  I have Auto Chart turned off and am on Expedition version 10.5.3 (the latest). I don't get the same issue with C-Map zoom in/out.  

I am assuming this is my own ignorance of either how ENC charts work or my settings in Expedition which I've looked in Help and throughout this forum for clues...no luck!  I appreciate any insights!  Also, happy to send a screen shot too, but it wasn't clear how upload one here.

12/20/2016 3:53 pm  #2

Re: ENC chart clutter when zooming 'out'

ENC chart contents have scale attributes at which they should be drawn. As you zoom out, some items may be hidden depending on the scale, but it may also become cluttered.

​You should probably have the auto-chart button selected in Exp. Exp will then select different scale charts as you zoom out.

Board footera