Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2016 5:11 pm  #1

H5000 Waypoints

The H5000 system has a some new features such as start line and lay lines for example, which require a mark to be set in the H5000 system.  Normally, I use expedition to output the active mark through alternating channels (mk rng / brg).

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the H5000 to recognize the expedition waypoint as its own.  Same for the start line marks?  

Vice versa is okay as well on the start line (H5000 start line marks read by expedition) since the helmsman often marks these himself from the helm display.

Thanks for your help
-Zac

12/03/2016 11:27 pm  #2

Re: H5000 Waypoints

Hello,

Exp can set the line ends and time with GoFree. There is no waypoint or nav data exchange in H5 yet I think.

12/05/2016 4:36 am  #3

A bunch of us have been asking for the B&G system to accept nav data from things other than b&g product but have not really got anywhere. 

If you switch off all your sources of nav data (Zeus etc.) except your PC and your PC is connected via HLINK you can do a source selection on CPU and sometimes the CPU then sets itself as the authority for nav data. That kind of works but only until the next restart.

6/05/2017 10:56 am  #4

All,

I have tried to get this to work and still have had no luck.  Here are some things I have tried.

1. In expedition, H5000 websocket connection, there is a use gofree, send nav data, and send waypoint check boxes.  These don't seem to have any impact on the B&G displayed values.   The waypoint remains as one set on one of the vulcan 7/9 displays (I couldn't figure out how to clear goto waypoint on vulcan to see if it was overriding).

2. With Actisense interface, I tried sending waypoint data PGNs.  I also changed setting on Vulcan display under Settings | Network | NMEA2000 and checked "receive waypoint."   This seemed like it should work but the network continued to show the existing Vulcan waypoint.   I also was looking for contact B&G support about this setting to see what is required, but I can't seem to find any contact info for a support department on their website.

I have also not figured out how to get the B&G to receive the start line from expedition.  Is it is as simple as checking "use gofree" in the H5000 websocket settings?

Thanks for your help,

-Z

6/05/2017 1:51 pm  #5

H5 does not yet accept waypoints.

6/06/2017 2:53 pm  #6

Nick,

Thanks I guess I mis-understood your comment about the GoFree setting start line ends being that functionality in H5000 websocket settings.

-Z

6/06/2017 3:18 pm  #7

I think you should be able to set the start line ends though

6/08/2017 7:28 pm  #8

When pinging the line end, if you have an offset between gps and bow, do you need to be running parallel ? Noted that pinging it while going downwind seemed to introduce two boat length error.

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

10/27/2017 8:43 am  #9

I recently received my H5 and started playing with the websocket. I pulled out all the datalist id # and info (lot more than the tier2 pdf is listing) and also all the setting list and info.

​In the settings, there is no id to send a waypoint or the start line ends to the H5. There is a way to send waypoint in the events section of the tier2 document, but I not there yet.

​As to pinging the start line running parallel or perpendicular to it, the GPS to Bow Distance setting should take care of that? Boat stored for winter so no way to test it yet...

3/01/2018 3:23 am  #10

Nick, in post #2, you say "Exp can set the line ends and time with GoFree". For time, I see the websocket setting info for that. How do you set the line ends with GoFree?

Board footera