ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2016 1:52 am  #1


What does DNM %. mean on the optimal tooltip

The Optimal tool tip shows 3 or 4 "DNM %" figures. Can someone tell me what these mean?

Many thanks and sorry if it's a dumb question.

Pat

 

9/25/2016 6:15 am  #2


Re: What does DNM %. mean on the optimal tooltip

Pat,
Good question, hoping I can learn something here.
What version of Exp do you have?  I'm using 10.4.17 and when I roll the Optimal/Tooltip over the Optimal route I get the box with numbers but none of them are DNM% Is that where you're seeing them

My only guess would be Distance (or Destination)  Nautical Miles %  would that make sense?

There is a field in the Optimal/Results/Details called "Dist nm" but that is the length of the route segment.

Those are my guesses...I stand to learn,
Ernie


 

 

9/25/2016 1:31 pm  #3


Re: What does DNM %. mean on the optimal tooltip

DNM% is the distance from the next mark as a percentage of the closest point to the mark on an isochrones.

There is a small update for this in the next Exp release.

 

9/25/2016 1:58 pm  #4


Re: What does DNM %. mean on the optimal tooltip

ErnieI am using 10.4.17 as well and yes DNM is displayed in the tooltip box. Thanks for the explanation Nick. Pat

     •Thread Starter
 

9/25/2016 2:44 pm  #5


Re: What does DNM %. mean on the optimal tooltip

It is only available for the isochronal routing as it doesn't make sense for the grid-based algorithm.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.