ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2016 5:53 am  #1


Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

I have been testing our nav pc on one of our boats but am unable to get the maps to load in high details when zoomed. I have the cmaps for the area loaded I believe, could someone walk me through testing and setting it up correctly?

Thanks

 

9/14/2016 11:40 am  #2


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

Which C-map chart type? Does Exp say the charts are installed?

 

9/15/2016 12:26 am  #3


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

Sorry I am really new to this how would I check both of those?

     •Thread Starter
 

9/15/2016 1:29 am  #4


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

Max or 4D charts? Where did you get the charts from?

 

9/15/2016 1:55 am  #5


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

I use the selector under the C-Map menu it has the map options of NT+ and MAX, I think we have the NT+ maps 

     •Thread Starter
 

9/15/2016 4:32 am  #6


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

The map files are in a MCP format if that makes more sense 

     •Thread Starter
 

9/15/2016 12:06 pm  #7


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

They are possibly C-Map MAX. What is the folder? Something like

C:\ProgramData\C-MAP NT PC Selector\Charts\AFM20929.MCP

If so, they are MAX charts. The C-Map system should automatically find them.

​If you click on the C-map button in Exp, it will list all the areas C-Map says it has installed and licensed.
 

 

9/16/2016 2:28 am  #8


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

http://imgur.com/a/EOuma Here are some pictures of the menus do they help?

     •Thread Starter
 

9/16/2016 12:25 pm  #9


Re: Maps not loading in high detail when zoomed

That suggests the chart areas are not correctly licensed with NT Selector. Are you using a dongle or of using the C-Map software licensing?

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.