Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2016 9:19 am  #1

Multiple Instrument Systems

I am looking to upgrade my instrument system from a legacy raymarine setup.  I already have installed Furuno MFDs, GPS, AIS, radar and SC200 heading which are networked via ethernet to my nav computer.  
I want to add NKE wind, depth, speed, and autopilot with an NKE multi graphic which will also control the autopilot.  I will send the NKE data to the Furuno network which will then be sent via the network to expedition, with targets and corrected TWA/TWS etc sent back to the NKE system.  Will expedition handle the Furuno and NKE systems at the same time?

I would also like to replace my ST60s with Garmin repeaters to show some N2K information (TWD, TWA, BSP% etc)  can the program handle sending this data out via antisense as well as the 0183 data to the NKE system?   The ST60s are located where the crew can see them, the NKE multi graphic will be at the helm.

I am only playing with a demo version of expedition as I determine what I need to buy, so I can't access the instrument configuration pages.

My intent is to run expedition on my nav computer and have a tablet running RDP on the deck to display start line and laymen information

8/20/2016 3:05 pm  #2

Re: Multiple Instrument Systems

Yes, you can connect multiple systems to Exp. You can to be careful about which data is received from each - for example you probably don't want the same TWS from multiple sources.

Exp can't use the proprietary Furuno network, except for the basic NMEA 0183 data in it. I don't know whether sending to it works.

The Garmin GNX 120/130 etc displays are very nice and as you say, you can send custom data from Exp to them.

​If you send the Exp code, we can give you a full working demo to trial the instrument connectivity.

Board footera