ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2026 8:31 am  #1


SignalK

Hi,

Has anyone played with publishing Expedition data back into SignalK? I'm starting to play with signalK and am quite impressed. Being able to expose all of Exp's channels into it would be very handy... 

Tom

 

Today 2:58 am  #2


Re: SignalK

It should be possible to just:

* install the signalk node.js windows server,
* pipe out data from Expedition (most likely in NMEA0183) over the network,
* set up that feed as a data source in the signalk server and
* finally consume the signalk data feed through one of the web interfaces.

The challenge is to handle performance oriented data such as target data, polar% etc as signalk previously lacked some sentences for that kind of data.

The best way would be if Expedition had signalk as a network option. Not that hard technically to develop but that codebase is open source and can't be utilized by Nick.

I did some development for an application taking data from the Expedition dll and piping out signalk delta messages. Not fully compliant with the signalk specs but potentially useful. I'll try to dig that up.

 

Today 12:54 pm  #3


Re: SignalK

As Mr Barne says, it shouldn't be hard to send the data in the SignalK format from Exp, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Time is the issue at this end - I have 3 large projects to finish this year, one is essentially finished and the other two are works in progress.

The plan is then to dedicate 2027 to the next major upgrade.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.