ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2026 7:14 pm  #1


Expedition 12.10.3

This uses the new Squid service.

Also, C-Map X charting has received a performance boost.

 

10/06/2026 5:00 pm  #2


Re: Expedition 12.10.3

Nick wrote:

This uses the new Squid service.

Also, C-Map X charting has received a performance boost.

 
Situation with new version.  Installed 12.10.3 on Windows 10 x64 machine.  Version for Navionics.  Splash screen loads.  Then app opens up to initialising instruments screen.  But then it silently crashes.  I upgraded from 12.9.x.  Do you see on your end?

Maybe something similar with 12.10.1, which I saw somebody post about?

 

10/06/2026 5:41 pm  #3


Re: Expedition 12.10.3

Do one of the other Exp versions work?

After instruments, it initialises tides, loads previous optimal routes and then weather. So this suggests it may be in instruments.

You could try the Exp system restore app.

     •Thread Starter
 

10/06/2026 5:54 pm  #4


Re: Expedition 12.10.3

Nick wrote:

Do one of the other Exp versions work?

After instruments, it initialises tides, loads previous optimal routes and then weather. So this suggests it may be in instruments.

You could try the Exp system restore app.

 
Yes.  The version that I upgraded from worked fine.  12.9.x.  Can’t remember what the last version was.  Is there a way where I can revert the installation or downgrade?  Will try the restore app.

 

10/06/2026 6:24 pm  #5


Re: Expedition 12.10.3

jreisberg wrote:

Nick wrote:

Do one of the other Exp versions work?

After instruments, it initialises tides, loads previous optimal routes and then weather. So this suggests it may be in instruments.

You could try the Exp system restore app.

 
Yes. The version that I upgraded from worked fine. 12.9.x. Can’t remember what the last version was. Is there a way where I can revert the installation or downgrade? Will try the restore app.

Update:  Using the System Restore App and then restoring "Instruments" only worked.  Now will work to restore the instruments from the backup I made.
 

 

10/06/2026 6:52 pm  #6


Re: Expedition 12.10.3

I tracked the issue down to the net1.xml file.  I use net1 to send data from Expedition to a separate browser-based app I run.  In case you're interested, linked below is the XML file that existed on my system before the upgrade (that had been working fine with the earlier version).

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kfm8hurcanamuvp1x5ah4/net1.xml?rlkey=8mmy3s6g55dwbd9ondmdtrh35&dl=0

 

10/06/2026 7:24 pm  #7


Re: Expedition 12.10.3

Further testing.  From a blank Network1 canvas, I was able to cause the whole app to crash by selecting Expedition under "instruments" and then entering the address 127.0.01 in the address field.  I understand that this is a malformed address.  For some reason, this is the address in the XML file that was working fine in the earlier version of Expedition.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.