Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2016 8:00 pm  #1

Sailchart, sail list not updating

I have a couple different pre formatted sail charts with radically different sail inventories, the difference being due to the rig differences in a yawl vs. a conventional modern sprit boat.  One has both Symetrical & Asym chutes, staysails, etc., while the other a much more modern inventory.

I noticed that when switching between the two boat sailchart files the list does not update in either 10.4.8 or 10.4.9, nor does the UI.  Not sure if I'm missing something when switching between charts to get the list to update or if this might be a software issue (I've looked at the docs carefully).  I have not gotten into sail test analysis yet so it's entirely likely that I've missed something obvious.

Is there a way to revert the sail list to default.

It would also be very nice to be able to delete multiple boats from the boat editor in one delete action.  I've just had to delete 67 boats one at a time ;)

As a side note, I noticed that exiting full screen mode on Windows 10 crashes expedition.

7/18/2016 8:15 pm  #2

Re: Sailchart, sail list not updating

The sail list is contained in the database. It isn't designed to only hold sails in your current sail chart. This is automatically added to when you open a new sail chart if the sail isn't in the table.

You can start a new database or edit with Access. I normally use a different database for each major race for schedules etc.

Unfortunately, it doesn't crash here.

Last edited by Nick (7/18/2016 8:16 pm)

7/18/2016 8:24 pm  #3

Re: Sailchart, sail list not updating

Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply.  It would be great if the active list would update with the sail chart!

I've been able to replicate the crash without fail, so if you'd like to hit me up on gmail and share screens I'm happy to replicate for you.  It could be hardware specific.  MacBook Pro running dedicated Win 10, intel graphics driver.

If this was linux I could run a debug build in GDB or IDB as I'm Unix savvy but I'm not fleunt in Redmond's OS, so I'm pretty useless to you there.

I also was working with David Burch on a couple things and we came up with a couple need tricks for visualizing cyclone tracks and a couple thoughts came up relating to race notes & routing that may deserve a unique thread.  Curious your thoughts. I've pinged you offline where I could send some images.

Last edited by Jonathan (7/18/2016 9:07 pm)

Board footera