Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2021 5:15 am  #1

StripChart

I would like to know how you name your strip chart and save the data from a accumulated day of racing? So I can go back analyse the data by using the wands to eventually refine your boat polars. Thanks in advance. A rookie question.

Last edited by SmokumTOO (9/14/2021 5:15 am)

9/14/2021 11:35 am  #2

Re: StripChart

The data is saved to log files from Expedition (setting on the User settings page).

Stripchart does not save the raw data - it just displays it, but can save 'tests' between the wands.

9/29/2024 7:22 pm  #3

When I open a log file in Stripchart it tells me it is "unable to open performance polar"
it lists the performance polar which was loaded and showed up live on stripchart.
Not sure what's going wrong? 
 I am assume I should be able to review polar performances from log filesing

9/30/2024 1:37 pm  #4

Maybe the polar file you have selected doesn't exist.

9/30/2024 6:09 pm  #5

Its the polar loaded for Nav, Performance and Boat Zero when the log was recorded. It shows all the polars targets and percentages live and on playback but when I load the same log used for the playback stripchart says it cant find it at that same address.Do I need to load polars onto stripchart  manually.  It seems to be looking at the same  file location I'm loading them from into Polars.
Ive changed polars for everything in case there was something with that particular polar text file but it still says it cant find the original( unchanged) polar file. so I assume stripchart doesn't read the current loaded performance polar when loading?
Not sure what more to do.

9/30/2024 6:25 pm  #6

It you get that message, it means Stripchart can't open the file.

The only simple reason would be if the file didn't exist. Possibly privileges, but that is unlikely given you can use the polar in Exp.

My guess is the file name is not correct.

10/01/2024 3:22 am  #7

Thanks Nick,
You are I seem to have created that problem by putting the file in  a folder and have fixed it  by copying it to the main list so same adress its not finding. 
My  main problem remains, which is I cant get stripchart to show anything polar related after loading a  log. The poilar BSP% etc are selected in log settings they show when underway but dont load when I open that log afterwards in stripchart.

Board footera