Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2024 10:27 am  #1

Difference between TargBsp and PolBsp

I am currently working with log files from Expedition to recognize and improve the performance of our boat. However, I do not understand which polar is used to calculate PolBsp and TargBsp or where the difference in calculation is. If I add the same polars to nav, perf and start, TargBsp and PolarBsp are still different. So there is a difference in calculation?

The manual states that Polar Tws % is calculated from the nav Polar (so Polar bsp?) and Targ bsp with the Performance Polar (p. 537/545). But on page 253 it says that Pol bsp is calculated from the Performance Polar.

I have also noticed that -nan(ind) is often logged with PolBsp, but not with TargBsp.

It would be very helpful if someone could explain this to me. Thank you very much!

4/16/2024 12:53 pm  #2

Re: Difference between TargBsp and PolBsp

Targets are your upwind and downwind targets. Polar bsp is at any twa.

The default targets and polar speeds are calculated from the performance polar. There are also options using the nav polar.

Board footera