Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2024 12:06 pm  #11

Re: B&G Hercules - Polar interface

Today i was onboard testing the system again, uninstalled Expedition totally (Did not remove the data folder) and no luck, in the B&G websocket menu I only have "websocket" and "custom" available, i do receive data and send external channel to the Hercules. The Start function ping and time from Expedition to B&G all work. So communication Tx/Rx looks ok.  But i found and another issues, once i start Expedition my MHU calibration value on the Hercules is reset to 0 degrees, this was a problem which i managed to re-produce 3 times so expedition must send some calibration data. if restart the B&G system without expedition running the MHU cal val remains in the system.

beside this another thing i notice today, I have a Actisense NGX-1-USB, the successor of the NGT-1, to connect the GPS and AIS data to expedition and the unit works, send custom Garmin data, receives the data from the network but does not show in Actisense menu - "Actisense" no activity , CAN TX/ CAN RX / Serial TX/RX are 0% , all other seems to be working fine. 

Any idea for the three issues ?

4/14/2024 1:32 pm  #12

Uninstalling and reinstalling Exp shouldn't make any difference.

Exp does not send any cal data over the websocket.

I am not sure what you mean by 'Actisense menu'. 

I will check the CAN & USB activity meter, but this is from the Actisense dll so should be ok. Update: it works as expected here.

Last edited by Nick (4/14/2024 3:21 pm)

4/15/2024 6:24 am  #13

Nick wrote:

Does the interface in Exp say if the port is open or closed?

Is there anything in the raw data window?

Hi Nick,
port is open
here the messages from the raw data window:
{"EventSet":[{"BusLoad":"22.0 %","BusState":"Bus On","FastPacketErrors":"1","RxBufferOverruns":0,"RxCounter":"75642","RxErrors":"0","RxOverflows":0,"RxOverruns":0,"TxCounter":"31866","TxErrors":"0","id":21,"name":"CAN Diagnostics"}]}
Best greetings from the Baltic Sea
{"EventSet":[{"BusLoad":"24.7 %","BusState":"Bus On","FastPacketErrors":"1","RxBufferOverruns":0,"RxCounter":"75935","RxErrors":"0","RxOverflows":0,"RxOverruns":0,"TxCounter":"31976","TxErrors":"0","id":21,"name":"CAN Diagnostics"}]}
{"EventSet":[{"BusLoad":"22.3 %","BusState":"Bus On","FastPacketErrors":"1","RxBufferOverruns":0,"RxCounter":"76229","RxErrors":"0","RxOverflows":0,"RxOverruns":0,"TxCounter":"32101","TxErrors":"0","id":21,"name":"CAN Diagnostics"}]}
{"EventSet":[{"BusLoad":"22.5 %","BusState":"Bus On","FastPacketErrors":"1","RxBufferOverruns":0,"RxCounter":"76535","RxErrors":"0","RxOverflows":0,"RxOverruns":0,"TxCounter":"32214","TxErrors":"0","id":21,"name":"CAN Diagnostics"}]}

4/15/2024 11:22 am  #14

There was a case a few months ago where the usewr didn't have read access to his data folder and Exp couldn't read the H5000 config file.

Maybe try deleting

C:\ProgramData\Expedition\instruments\H5000_config.xml

and replacing with the one installed by Exp.

4/16/2024 6:59 am  #15

Nick wrote:

There was a case a few months ago where the usewr didn't have read access to his data folder and Exp couldn't read the H5000 config file.

Maybe try deleting

C:\ProgramData\Expedition\instruments\H5000_config.xml

and replacing with the one installed by Exp.

Hi Nick, thank you very much for your answer. I've chanced the standard data folder to my onedrive. obviously the xml wasn't copy to the new folder. Now only the AIS-Signals from my Cortex vesper aren't displayed. aNY Idea how to solve that issue?

4/16/2024 12:50 pm  #16

Dio you have VDM selected to be used by Exp?

4/18/2024 9:52 am  #17

Hi Nick,
thank you for your reply. Now after establishing a NMEA 0183 AIS Network to my Cortex AIS-Data are coming in. 

Board footera