Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2024 9:33 am  #11

Re: Navionics Charts for the new v12

Hello
On Garmin web site, it's possible to buy Navionics map delivered on SD card, or to dowload.
Is it possible to instal a map that have been dowloaded ?

4/29/2024 10:41 am  #12

philippe wrote:

Hello
On Garmin web site, it's possible to buy Navionics map delivered on SD card, or to dowload.
Is it possible to instal a map that have been dowloaded ?

SD card only I believe.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

4/30/2024 2:48 pm  #13

Thank you. I've ordered a Sim Card

4/30/2024 2:50 pm  #14

Make sure it is a Navionics one, not a Garmin Navionics one.

There is a difference.

4/30/2024 10:01 pm  #15

Mattzilla wrote:

re Navionics 
I uploaded my AU/NZ which I use in a plotter, and imported a South Pacific card I have - any idea why the majority of chart area has a grey wash over it?  The AU/NZ charts had previously been synced with Navionics on Android tablet and I think this is why show in white (offline charts downloaded to tablet.
When using the Android navionics app for exampple, offline charts are normally exposed in white, and areas that you are currently in get exposed from grey to white as the app downloads the chart data.
In this case I can zoom in and see the chart detail in full, but the majority of areas are have the grey wash over it.
Also note charts have expired, I loaded them to test first, but would not expect that to cause this.  The charts display fine (ie not all grey wash over them, sea areas white not greyed) in a plotter aside from expiry warning.

See image below

https://imgur.com/a/NYtLOHL

I wonder - and this is a bit of a speculation triggered by your screenshot - if this showing the updated or downloaded section of the chart as white and the others grey.
I was doing a delivery trip on a yacht with a B&G / Navionics system and we sailed off the white 'normal' sections of the chart into an area with this grey wash. All the detail seemed to be there and no issues were experienced. We discussed it and concluded that the chart plotter chart looked like the phone app version where an area that has not been zoomed into before has this grey wash.
I believe the skipper connected the chart plotter to his phone hotspot as the next time we sailed on the yacht, the grey wash had gone.

Maybe this helps?

5/02/2024 6:44 pm  #16

Thank you for incorporating Navionics charting!  Huge incremental value to us, as we're now able to import the data on our Raymarine chart cards directly into Exp!  

But I'm not able to load the World Chart.  I have extracted the compressed file into both the data folder (...\Expedition\navionics) (so that we now have ...\Expedition\navionics\WorldChart_4.0) and into the Program Files\Expedition\navionics folder (which had the WorldMap_4.0_reduced file in it).  Restarted Expedition but all we have is the Navionics base map.  Can someone suggest another approach?  The first layer below the WorldMap_4.0 has a navionic folder in it, and below that is a Charts folder.  

5/02/2024 7:22 pm  #17

You should not copy anything into program files.

There is a default Navionics world chart included with Exp. There is a larger world chart dataset on the Exp web site that can be copied to \programdata\expedition\navionics. Expedition will automatically find it.

However, the larger file is only different in that it contains satellite images so it may not be of use.

5/03/2024 3:44 am  #18

Tigger_B wrote:

Mattzilla wrote:

re Navionics 
I uploaded my AU/NZ which I use in a plotter, and imported a South Pacific card I have - any idea why the majority of chart area has a grey wash over it?  The AU/NZ charts had previously been synced with Navionics on Android tablet and I think this is why show in white (offline charts downloaded to tablet.
When using the Android navionics app for exampple, offline charts are normally exposed in white, and areas that you are currently in get exposed from grey to white as the app downloads the chart data.
In this case I can zoom in and see the chart detail in full, but the majority of areas are have the grey wash over it.
Also note charts have expired, I loaded them to test first, but would not expect that to cause this.  The charts display fine (ie not all grey wash over them, sea areas white not greyed) in a plotter aside from expiry warning.

See image below

https://imgur.com/a/NYtLOHL

I wonder - and this is a bit of a speculation triggered by your screenshot - if this showing the updated or downloaded section of the chart as white and the others grey.
I was doing a delivery trip on a yacht with a B&G / Navionics system and we sailed off the white 'normal' sections of the chart into an area with this grey wash. All the detail seemed to be there and no issues were experienced. We discussed it and concluded that the chart plotter chart looked like the phone app version where an area that has not been zoomed into before has this grey wash.
I believe the skipper connected the chart plotter to his phone hotspot as the next time we sailed on the yacht, the grey wash had gone.

Maybe this helps?

I have the same grey on two laptops with Navionics.

The laptops were online for the chart installation procedure, as is required.

They are also often online while being used - so I don't think the issue raised by Tigger is a problem.

It would be great if there was a way to have white rather than gray ocean - the charts would be easier to read, and it would be better for using the shading functions in weather display.

Does anyone have white?

Last edited by us7070 (5/03/2024 3:45 am)

5/03/2024 6:12 am  #19

Thanks Nick.  By  \programdata\expedition\navionics  I assume you mean the navionics folder within the Exp data folder?  That's where we have extracted the WorldMap_4.0 folder with its subfolders to, but it still isn't working for us.  When we select "World" on the chart menu and then look at the chart details, it is referencing worldchart.chx from our Expedition4d\charts folder.  Perhaps we need to uninstall the old version of Exp in order for the current version to look in the navionics folder for WorldMap_4.0?

5/03/2024 11:50 am  #20

World is the simple Expedition world chart we use for weather etc.

You just need to change to Navionics mode by clicking the Navionics button.

Board footera