Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2023 10:07 am  #1

11.19.2 4D - when updating from 11.19.1 TWD is no longer calculated

Our System settings has TWD calculate ticked ON in System Settings.
in v11.19.1 the TWD showed up in "Number box" TWD.

This has stopped working after upgrading to 11.19.2.
Funny thing is that the weather symbols not showing up in 11.19.1 is now showing up in 11.19.2...

Our setup is:
IKonvert transfer of NMEA2000 data into Expedition via virtual COM port mapped to USB.
All information is received except that for some reason Expedition needs to calculate TWD by itself even though the TWD information is available on the NMEA2000 network.

br,

Soren

Last edited by Dixi (5/05/2023 10:22 am)

5/05/2023 1:17 pm  #2

Re: 11.19.2 4D - when updating from 11.19.1 TWD is no longer calculated

If you are relying on Exp to calculate TWD, that implies it isn't getting one of the vars it needs (bsp, hdg, awa or aws)

5/12/2023 6:26 am  #3

Hi again - yes we were relying on Expedition to do the calc.
The strange thing is that it was working before the upgrade and just by installing the new version it stopped.
I was so lucky to have Jan S from garmin visiting this week - we went through my setup together and he could not find anything unusual  - I rolled back to the version just before - still not working - rolled forward again and then it started working again... 

5/20/2023 4:48 am  #4

After having no trouble with letting Expedition calculating TWD for a couple of releases - the issue has now returned when upgrading from 11.19.6 to 11.19.7 ->> no TWD calculated.
I tried to downgrade - still not working...
So something seems to "disturb the force" on the calc twd.

5/20/2023 12:45 pm  #5

Dixi wrote:

After having no trouble with letting Expedition calculating TWD for a couple of releases - the issue has now returned when upgrading from 11.19.6 to 11.19.7 ->> no TWD calculated.
I tried to downgrade - still not working...
So something seems to "disturb the force" on the calc twd.

Can you verify that you have AWA, AWS, BSP, HDG all present? And teh relevant options ticked in Settings>System?

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

5/21/2023 10:03 pm  #6

Yes - everything was set correctly before the upgrade and the TWD was calculated as expected.
After the upgrade - no TWD...
So I did verify everything was still set as expected (the values/settings you describe).
Then I tried to downgrade the installation - for some reason this could not bring my TWD calculation back either. As this did not make any difference I installed the latest version again.
This has happend twice by upgrading from a previous version.
As I am a software developer myself I have really tried every possible combination to try to figure out what triggers this state...
I believe I have a fairly standard setup - Windows 10 (everything up-to-date) running on a rugged Dell intel 5 (bios up-to-date) - we are using IKonvert, and I can see all the PGN's necessary arrive.

5/21/2023 11:51 pm  #7

Dixi wrote:

Yes - everything was set correctly before the upgrade and the TWD was calculated as expected.
After the upgrade - no TWD...
So I did verify everything was still set as expected (the values/settings you describe).
Then I tried to downgrade the installation - for some reason this could not bring my TWD calculation back either. As this did not make any difference I installed the latest version again.
This has happend twice by upgrading from a previous version.
As I am a software developer myself I have really tried every possible combination to try to figure out what triggers this state...
I believe I have a fairly standard setup - Windows 10 (everything up-to-date) running on a rugged Dell intel 5 (bios up-to-date) - we are using IKonvert, and I can see all the PGN's necessary arrive.

I have sent you an email so we can investigate further.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera