Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2023 10:03 am  #1

data over B&G Zeus wifi?

Hi

we are about to charter a boat for a race that has a Zeus 3S, with no WTP processor. I know the Zeus has an ethernet connector but we likely cannot access it. It does, however, create a wifi network. Does anybody know if it sends any data usable by expedition over the wifi network? It has an smartphone app that shows the data, so its sending something, but I am not sure expedition can capture it..

thanks

3/21/2023 11:13 am  #2

Re: data over B&G Zeus wifi?

My experience isn't with the Zues3S but older Zues plotters. The provide both H5000 websocket connectivity and NMEA TCP connectivity.
IIRC to get all data through the Zues I needed 2 connections - 1 of each type as AIS for example only comes over the NMEA... some of the instruments IIRC were websocket only.... or it could have been that I was using websocket for everything but the AIS and AIS over NMEA - it has been a while since I set that boat system up.

3/23/2023 11:00 am  #3

rbhun wrote:

Hi

we are about to charter a boat for a race that has a Zeus 3S, with no WTP processor. I know the Zeus has an ethernet connector but we likely cannot access it. It does, however, create a wifi network. Does anybody know if it sends any data usable by expedition over the wifi network? It has an smartphone app that shows the data, so its sending something, but I am not sure expedition can capture it..

thanks

Not sure about the S version, but pretty sure the Zues3 puts out nmea 0183 over wifi.

3/23/2023 11:48 am  #4

Thank you very much that’s exactly I was looking for!

4/06/2023 7:06 am  #5

Now I am able to connect Zeus3
Network 0
Instrumrnts:B&G H5000 WebSocket
Connection: Websocket
IP ADDRESS: you find it on B&G display
Port: 2053

4/06/2023 7:07 am  #6

But I am not able to connect BOAT GPS

4/06/2023 8:24 am  #7

Add a second interface, TCP client, port and IP is displayed by Zeus

4/06/2023 11:16 am  #8

I don't have a Zeus, but the instrument type to select in Exp is probably NMEA 0183, not H5000 websocket.

4/07/2023 9:37 am  #9

I have not tried websocket, but I can confirm I got position, speed, wind, and even AIS over TCP. Port 10110

4/15/2023 1:23 am  #10

Does anybody have any experience of loading ROUTES as well as WPTs from Expedition to Zeus3?
I have an actisense ngt1 but no H5000 stuff.

thanks Bob

t

Board footera